Dr. K. K.Rai, Director
Dr. Krishna K. Rai, MBBS, MD (TU, IOM), MPH (Johns Hopkins)
Permanent Address: Khotang, Chhitapokhari-2
Current: Godawori Municipality-12, Thecho, Lalitpur, NepalE-mail: email@example.com,
Professional qualification summary:
· National and international award winner.
· Technical expert in health planning, programs and management.
· Expert in research projects (health, education and social welfare).
· Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, - Master of Public Health (MPH), 2007.
· Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine-------MD, GP (Doctor of Medicine, General Practice), 1994
· Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)-1985
Language skills: Fluent in English, Hindi and Nepali.
Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email/internet.
Selected research publications, paper presentations & relevant articles
Krishna K Rai as co-author, “HIV service delivery models towards ‘Zero AIDS-related Deaths’: a collaborative case study of 6 Asia and Pacific countries” – published in BMC, Health Service Research, 2015. file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/COPC%20Asia%20BMCHSR%20published%202015%20(2).pdf
Principal Investigator, Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance (IBBS) survey among Injecting drugs users in Kathmandu valley, Nepal, 2011.
Principal Investigator, Integrated Biological And Behavioral Surveillance (IBBS) Survey Among Female Sex Workers in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal 2011
Krishna K Rai “A review of hospital services and role of MD,GPs in Nepal” research paper presented in WONCA South East Asia Conference Dhaka, Feb 13-14, 2015.
Krishna K Rai “A Primary Health Care Experiment in Nepal” (2) March, 2007, SAAHMI, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
Krishna K Rai “Institutional Development of VBDRTC - Nepal, Need Assessment, (VBDRTC Memorandum, 2004), “Health Surveillance System in Nepal, (VBDRTC Memorandum, 2004).
Krishna K Rai, MBBS, MD, MPH, Abortion on women’s health perspectives”
Krishna K Rai, Where does health care stand? (Katmandu Post, April 10, 2005)
Krishna K Rai, “Obstetric Care at district level” presented at 7th National NASOG conference in 2002 in Kathmadu.
Krishna K Rai, “Expanded role of nurses as Anesthetic service provider” presented at Nepal Medical Association conference in 2003 in Dharan, Nepal.
Krishna K Rai, “Obstetric emergency in rural Nepal” presented at 5th Conference of SAFOG in 2005, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Krishna K Rai, Challenges in Rural Health Service of Nepal, the AMECON-22 Souvenir, (All Medical Conference-22) in March 2005;
Member of professional organizations:
· Registered in Nepal Medical Council as “Public Health Specialist” NMC No.330
· Life member, Society of Public Health Physician Nepal, (SOPHPHYN)
· Life member & past President of General Practice Association of Nepal (GPAN)
· Life member, Nepalese Society of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (NESOG) (www.nesog.org.np
· Former member of Ethical Review Board of Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC), Nepal. www.nhrc.org.np
· Founder member and life member of Association of Medical Doctor of Asia-Nepal (AMDA-Nepal). www.amda.org.np
· Life Member, Nepal Medical Association, Nepal.
· Recipient of “Distinguished Community Service Award” in 2002 by AMDD/Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University and International Federation of Gynecologists and Obstetricians (FIGO) for effectively providing emergency obstetric care and saving mothers lives while working as senior clinician as well as Medical Superintendent in Seti Zonal Hospital, Dhangadhi, Kailali Nepal.
· Recipient of “Champion of Safe Motherhood” by White Ribbon Alliance, New Delhi, 2002 for energetically providing emergency obstetrics and saving mothers lives while working as Medical Superintendent and senior clinician in Dhangadhi, Kailali.
· Recipient of Gorkha Dakshin Bahu -1995, a distinguished national award by the head of the state, Nepal for providing best services as District Health Officer and Clinician in Dailekh District where hospital service and district health office (public health programs) is integrated.
· Recipient of “Natural Calamity Management Awards” in 1987 by Ministry of Health Nepal.
Nepal Cancer Cure & Herbs Research Pvt.LtdDillibazar Pipalbot, Kathmandu, Nepal
Contcat No:- +977-1-4437166